- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 170 °C (325 °F). Line the bottom of a 20-cm (8-inch) square pan with a strip of parchment paper and butter the sides of the pan.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate with the butter. Let cool. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. At low speed, add the dry ingredients. With a spatula, stir in the chocolate mixture and fold in the pecans.
- Spread in the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the brownie comes out with lumps and not completely clean.
- Cool in the pan, about 2 hours. Unmould and cut into squares.
There’s no mistake! It only takes a small amount of flour to make this very moist brownie.
For a dense and sweet brownie, do not beat too much, avoid incorporating too much air.
For a moist brownie, do not overcook the batter.