Raspberry and Chocolate “Pots de Crème”
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) seedless raspberry purée (see note)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- Place the chocolate in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the raspberry purée with half the sugar.
- In a bowl, combine the egg yolks with the remaining sugar with a whisk. Gradually add the warm raspberry purée, whisking constantly. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook gently for about 1 minute, stirring continuously. Strain through a sieve over the chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute, without stirring.
- With a whisk, stir until smooth. Divide among six espresso cups. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
For about 250 ml (1 cup) seedless raspberry puree, puree 1 litre (4 cups) thawed frozen raspberries until smooth, then strain the puree through a fine sieve.