- 3 different colour bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1 lb (454 g) firm tofu, cut into small cubes (see note)
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced into half rings
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, soften the bell peppers, onion, garlic and pepper flakes in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tofu, tomato and white wine. Continue cooking, stirring frequently until the tomatoes have fallen apart. Add the remaining ingredients and heat throughout. Adjust the seasoning. Serve over couscous.
We liked the Soyarie firm tofu for its most enjoyable texture. Soyarie is located in Gatineau and produces organic and non-GMO tofu.