- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line the bottom of a 20-cm (8-inch) springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Press lightly onto the bottom of the springform pan. Bake for about 12 minutes. Cool completely and generously butter the inside walls of the pan.
- Tightly wrap the base and outer side of the pan with aluminum foil, letting it extend upward. Double the foil.
- Reduce the oven’s temperature to 170 °C (325 °F).
- In the food processor, combine the sugar and flour. Add the remaining ingredients and process until the mixture is just smooth. Pour over the crust.
- Prepare a water bath: Place the cake in a large baking dish and pour boiling water into the dish halfway up the pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour and 50 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the centre of the cheesecake reads 65 °C (150 °F). Remove the cake from the water bath and aluminum foil. Let cool for about 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours or until completely chilled. Run a knife between the pan and the cake, then unmould.