- In a glass dish or in a large sealable bag, combine all the ingredients. Add the chicken and toss to coat well. Cover the dish or seal the bag. Refrigerate, ideally, for 24 hours or at least 4 hours.
- In a bowl, combine the cilantro, lime zest and green onions. Add the coconut just before serving.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium. Oil the grate.
- Thread the chicken strips onto the skewers.
- Grill the skewers for about 5 minutes per side or until the chicken is no longer pink inside. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve 2 skewers per person with jasmine rice and grilled vegetables. Serve with the gremolata and yogurt.
As an appetizer, present the skewers on a serving platter. Sprinkle with gremolata and serve with yogurt as a dip.