- In a bowl, over a double boiler or in the microwave oven, melt the chocolate with the butter and 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of cream. Let cool.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites and sugar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip the remaining cream until semi-firm peaks form.
- Add the egg yolks to the cooled chocolate mixture and combine with a whisk. With a spatula, gently fold in the egg whites. Fold in the whipped cream, the same way, until smooth.
- Spoon into four to six dessert cups or glasses. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with fruit or whipped cream and cookies.