Chewy Rice Krispies Bars
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup (250 ml) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup (250 ml) mixed nuts and dried fruit to taste (cranberries, raisins, apricots, chopped peanuts, pistachios, almonds, etc.).
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) mini marshmallows
- Butter a 20-cm (8-inch) square pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper, letting the paper hang over two sides.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, rolled oats, fruit, and nuts. Keep aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring the maple syrup and butter to a boil. Let simmer for 1 minute. Add the marshmallows and let them melt while stirring. Pour this mixture over the cereal mixture and stir to coat. Spread the cereal in the pan. Place a piece of parchment paper on the cereals and press firmly with your hands. Let cool for about 2 hours at room temperature. Remove from the pan and cut into 12 bars.
- You can wrap them individually in plastic wrap and take them anywhere.
You are allergic to peanuts? Uses plain roasted soybeans. They are as crunchy as peanuts.