Mango Lime Salad
- Combine all the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and allow to bloom for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan or microwave oven, heat half the coconut milk with 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the sugar until it melts. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the gelatin and stir until it dissolves. Stir in the remaining coconut milk. Transfer to a bowl.
- Over an ice bath, cool the mixture, stirring with a whisk, until it thickens and begins to set.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form
- With a spatula, gently fold the cream and meringue into the coconut milk mixture. Spoon into six dessert cups alternating with the mango mixture to create 2 layers. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Brunoise is a technique that involves cutting the fruit or vegetables into small dice.