Poutine with Homemade Gravy
- 30 MIN
- 15 MIN
- 30 MIN
- In a large bowl, soak the potatoes in cold water for about 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oil in the deep fryer to 170 °C (325 °F). Place a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Drain and pat the potatoes dry with a clean cloth and place them in the deep fryer basket. Place the basket into the hot oil and cook for about 2 minutes
- Drain and scatter the fries on the wire rack. Let cool. Increase the deep fryer oil temperature to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Place the potatoes into the fryer and fry for 2 to 4 minutes or until the fries are golden brown. Remove the fries from the fryer and drain on the rack or paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and keep in a warm oven, if necessary.
- Divide the fries onto four plates, top with the cheese and sauce.
- Preparation time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min