- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line two or three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the butter and both sugars with a wooden spoon. Add the eggs and stir until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients and chocolate. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Using a 3-tbsp (45 ml) ice cream scoop, spoon five to six balls of dough on each baking sheet, spacing them out evenly.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 8 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned all over. They will still be very soft in the centre. Cool completely on the baking sheet.
Do not cook more than one sheet at a time.