- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a measuring cup, combine the milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the dry ingredients. Add the butter and pulse for a few seconds at a time, until the butter is the size of peas. Add the milk and vinegar mixture and pulse for a few seconds, just enough to moisten the flour.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat down the dough with your fingers or with a rolling pin to about 2.5-cm (1-inch) thick. Cut the dough using a 6-cm (2 ½-inch) round cookie cutter. Place the dough discs on the baking sheet, spacing them evenly.
- Brush the scones with the cream and sprinkle with the sugar. Bake for about 18 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.