- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Combine the pecans and walnuts on a plate. Set aside.
- Brush the cheese round with the honey and press into the nuts. Place the cheese in a small baking dish. Cover with the remaining nuts.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the wine and currants to a boil. Simmer until the wine is syrupy. Pour over the cheese, right out of the oven.
- Serve immediately with the toasted bread and crackers.
To serve 8 to 10 people, we suggest you bake two cheese rounds (double the recipe) in individual baking dishes.
This baked brie, which we serve as an aperitif or after a meal, can be prepared in advance. Just bake it at the last minute. This recipe is a sure bet to sustain your guests before the main meal.