- Cover a baking sheet with paper towels. Set aside.
- Drain the tomatoes by squeezing in a strainer.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the drained tomatoes with the remaining ingredients, except for the oil. Stir in the flour mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- With your hands, shape into 30 ml (2 tablespoons) patties.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil. Fry the patties over medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on the baking sheet. Serve with lemon wedges and plain yogurt.