Pink Strawberry and Rhubarb Sangria
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 lime, sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) fresh strawberries cut into quarters (or frozen and thawed)
- 2 cups (500 ml) sliced fresh rhubarb (or frozen and thawed)
Strawberry and Rhubarb Syrup
- 2 cups (500 ml) cold rosé wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) cold soda (like 7 Up or Sprite)
- Fresh strawberries, halved
- Thinly sliced rhubarb, cut lengthwise (optional)
- Ice cubes, to taste
Rhubarb and Strawberry Syrup
- In a saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil and simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Strain and keep only the syrup. Let cool and refrigerate until completely chilled, about 1 hour.
- In a pitcher, combine the rhubarb and strawberry syrup, rosé wine, soft drink, fruit, and ice cubes. Serve very cold.
You find the sangria a little too sweet? Add rosé wine.