- 1 cup (250 ml) ground almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cornstarch
- 7 cups (1.75 litres) plums, pitted and cut into 8 wedges (6 to 8 plum)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the butter and stir until the mixture is just moistened and stick together when pressed between your fingers. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a 20-cm (8-inch) square pan with a 2 litre (8 cup) capacity. Add the plums and butter and stir to combine.
- Drop the crumble in pieces onto the plums. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown. Serve warm or cold.