- 30 MIN
- 1 H
- 4 to 6 servings
- In a food processor, pulse the flour with the butter for a few seconds at a time until the butter is the size of peas. Add the water and pulse until the dough just begins to form. Add water, as needed. Remove the dough from the food processor and form into a disc with your hands.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough. Line a 25-cm (10-inch) quiche plate with the dough. Fold in the excess dough, pressing well, to double the sides. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes.
- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Line the dough with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Fill with dry beans. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Remove the paper and beans. Set the crust aside.
- Reduce the oven’s temperature to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown the bacon in the oil. Add the onion and sauté until golden brown. Add the broccoli and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into the crust.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch with the milk and eggs with a whisk until smooth. Stir in the cheese. Pour over the vegetables and bake for about 35 minutes or until the eggs are cooked in the centre. Let rest for 10 minutes.