- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or butter the muffin pan.
- Drain the pears and cut into cubes. Reserve the drained pear juice. You will need 3/4 cup (180 ml) of liquid, so add water to the pear juice if necessary.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, ground almonds, oats, baking powders, spices and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the honey and butter. Whisk in the eggs, pear juice and pears. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir lightly with a fork just until the flour is just moistened. Spoon the batter into the prepared pans. Sprinkle with the slivered almonds and drizzle with the honey.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the pans and cool on a wire rack.
Carbohydrates per servings: 29 g