- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a large skillet, brown the meat in the oil on all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the loin, fat side up, in a roasting pan and spread the slices of bacon on the meat. Place the remaining ingredients all around the roast.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a thermometer inserted into the centre of the meat reads 58 to 60 °C (136 to 140 °F). Place the roast on a serving platter with the vegetables. Cover and let rest for about 15 minutes. The temperature will reach approximately 63 °C (145 °F).
Maple and Pear Sauce
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the maple syrup to a boil and simmer until it begins to caramelize. Add the broth, cider, ginger, shallots, and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Reduce by half. Add the pears and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water and whisk into the sauce. Simmer for 1 minute. Serve with the pork loin.