Cheddar Cheese Meatloaf
- 3/4 lb (375 g) ground beef
- 3/4 lb (375 g) ground pork
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chili sauce or ketchup
- 15 salted crackers (Ritz or saltine-type), crushed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup (75 g) cheddar cheese (mild or sharp), grated
- 1 egg
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients with your hands until the mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape into a 7-inch (18 cm) long cylinder on the baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour. Let stand for 10 minutes and serve with mashed potatoes and the vegetable of your choice.
If you don’t feel like turning your meatloaf into burgers the next day, you can always freeze it in individual slices. Great to have on hand for a quick meal.
If desired, add Tabasco sauce to the meatloaf mixture.