- 4 cups (1 litre) diced and peeled peaches (see note) (about 1 kg / 2 lbs of fresh peaches)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- In a heavy saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring frequently. Attach a candy thermometer in the centre of the pan and simmer until the thermometer reads 103 °C (218 °F) or until the jam sets on the test plate. Skim carefully and stir frequently while cooking.
- Pour into sterilized jars. Let cool and refrigerate for about 3 weeks. (For longer storage, keep frozen.)
To easily peel peaches, score an X with a knife at the base of the fruit. Place into boiling water for 30 to 60 seconds and then in ice cold water. The skin will easily peel away.