- 35 MIN
- 15 MIN
- 1 H
- 30 cupcakes of varying size, approximately
Vanilla Cake for Mini Cupcakes
- 30 muffin paper liners of various sizes
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) canola oil
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) milk
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Place the paper liners on a baking sheet (one size per sheet). Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer for about 10 minutes or until the mixture lightens, triples in volume and forms a ribbon. Drizzle in the oil, beating constantly.
- On low speed, add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk, until smooth. With an ice cream scoop, fill three quarter up the paper liners with batter. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on their size, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- With a pastry bag fitted with a fluted or plain tube, frost the cupcakes with the Mango or Raspberry Frosting. Garnish with a scoop of mango or a fresh raspberry.
If you make standard sized cupcakes, place the paper liners in a muffin cup pan to prevent them from flaring while baking. If you bake two or three sizes of cupcakes, make sure to bake sheets of all of the same size cakes.