- With the rack in the highest position, preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet, skin side up. Brush with the oil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the skin has blackened.
- Place the peppers in an airtight container and let cool. Remove the skin.
- In a food processor, purée the bell peppers until smooth and pour into a large microwave-safe glass bowl. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper and punch holes in the paper to allow steam to escape.
- Cook in the microwave oven for about 30 minutes, on intensity 7, stirring every 10 minutes, until the mixture becomes very thick. Season with salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice. Spoon into 3 clean 125 ml (1/2 cup) jars.
- Let cool. Loosely close the jars and refrigerate for up to two weeks. Serve with white fish.
Better to use a glass bowl because the peppers would stain plastic. You can also freeze the bell pepper butter in ice cube trays and use them as a spread on croutons or with pasta.