Beef in Piri-Piri Sauce
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) lemon juice
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Piri-piri sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dry mustard
- 4 beef skirt steaks, about 5.5 oz (150 g) each
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the meat.
- In a glass dish or in a large sealable plastic bag, combine the meat with 60 ml (¼ cup) of the sauce. Cover the dish or seal the bag. Refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours. Refrigerate the remaining sauce.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners on high. Oil the grate.
- Grill the meat for about 2 minutes per side or until the desired doneness. Set aside on a plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with the remaining piri-piri sauce.
Piri-piri is a pepper variety widely used in African and Portuguese cuisine. You can find this spicy sauce in most grocery stores.