Lemon Bundt Cake
- 20 MIN
- 45 MIN
- 4 H
- 10 to 12 servings
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Generously butter and flour a 10-cup (2.5 litre) Bundt cake pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth. At low speed, add the dry ingredients alternately with the lemon juice and buttermilk.
- Spoon into the prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool. Unmould and cool completely on a wire rack. Set aside on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the icing sugar and lemon juice. If needed, add a little more juice or icing sugar so that the icing is just runny. Pour over the cooled cake letting the glaze drip over the sides.
If you buy buttermilk, remember that any left over can be frozen for another recipe.
If you don’t have buttermilk, make a substitute with 1 tsp (5 ml) of white vinegar per 1 cup (250 ml) of milk.