- Preheat the grill, setting the burners on high. Oil the grate.
- In a mortar, crush the spices and peppercorns.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken with half of the oil and the spice mixture. Season with salt. With the remaining oil, brush the fennel pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken pieces on the grill. Reduce the temperature of the grill to medium-low. Close the lid and cook the chicken, turning regularly, until cooked through, about 30 minutes. Grill the fennel pieces on each side until al dente.
- In a large serving dish, place the chicken, fennel and apricots. Drizzle with the honey and lime juice, squeezing the wedges over the platter. Sprinkle with the herbs.