Spring Vegetable and Grapefruit Salad
- 3 cups (750 ml) fiddleheads, cleaned
- 3/4 lb (350 g) yellow wax beans, cut into 2 pieces
- 3/4 lb (350 g) asparagus, cut into 3 pieces
- 3 grapefruits of various colours (white, pink, and red)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- In a steamer over a pan of boiling water, cook the vegetables, one at a time, until tender. Place the cooked vegetables in ice cold water to stop the cooking. Drain. Keep aside in a bowl.
- On a work surface, cut the grapefruit into skinless segments. Keep the juice for the vinaigrette. Cut each skinless segment in three pieces. Keep aside in the bowl.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients with the grapefruit juice. Pour over the salad and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper.
You can serve the salad with steamed lobster tails.