- In a small saucepan, sauté the shallot in the butter. Add the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Add the cream and milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Off the heat, add the cheese and mustard and stir until the cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove the lobster claws and shell them without damaging the meat. Cut the body of the lobster in half from head to tail. Remove the meat and cut into cubes. Clean the shells. You will need eight half-shells. Place on a baking sheet, cut side up. Set aside.
- With the rack in the highest position, preheat the oven’s broiler.
- In a bowl, combine the lobster meat and claws with the sauce. Adjust the seasoning. Spoon that mixture into the shells, except for the claws. Bake for about 3 minutes or until the sauce begins to brown. Garnish with the claws and serve.
You can arrange the lobster mixture in gratin dishes rather than in the lobster shells.