- In a large pot of salted water, cook the potatoes until very tender. Drain.
- With a masher, coarsely crush the potatoes with at least 2 tbsp of the butter. With an electric mixer, purée with the milk. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, brown the onion in the remaining butter. Add the meat and cook until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Lightly press the meat into the bottom of an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish. Cover with the corn and the mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Finish cooking under the broiler. Let cool for 10 minutes.
This recipe doubles easily.