- 4 fresh artichokes
- 1 lemon, halved and lightly pressed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken broth
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup (20 g) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- To prepare the artichokes, cut off the stem and the upper part. Remove all of the leaves. Cut the heart in half, remove the choke in the middle, then thinly slice. Toss the artichokes in the lemon juice as you go to prevent them from oxidizing.
- In a pot over medium heat, cook the artichokes and garlic in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and broth and cook over medium heat until almost dry, about 15 minutes.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, Parmesan and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Add the artichokes. In a 9-inch (23 cm) non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat the butter and remaining oil. Pour in the batter and cook over high heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Finish baking in the oven for 7 minutes or until the mixture is cooked. Serve the frittata warm or at room temperature with a green salad topped with roasted nuts.
For this recipe, you can replace the fresh artichokes with canned artichoke hearts packed in water. In this case, drain the artichokes, pat dry and thinly slice.