Chicken Saltimbocca with Basil and Capers
- 20 MIN
- 10 MIN
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium. Oil the grate.
- Spread the cutlets on a work surface. Flatten, if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Place a basil leaf and two pieces of cheese on one side of each cutlet. Fold the cutlet in half. Unroll the pancetta slices to give them the shape of bacon and wrap around the cutlets. Insert a skewer into each cutlet to secure the fold. Lightly oil the meat.
- Grill the cutlets for about 4 minutes on each side or until the meat is cooked.
Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the eggplant and peppers with the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables until tender. Set aside in a bowl. At serving time, add the arugula and toss. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve the cutlets with the grilled vegetable salad and drizzle with the dressing.