- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish, combine the bell peppers, onions and garlic with ¼ cup (60 ml) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown the sausages in the remaining oil. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, brown the zucchini. Add the tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Place the sausages and the zucchini mixture in the baking dish over the cooked vegetables. Cover with the cheese and bake for about 15 minutes. Serve with bread.
You can add 12 baby potatoes, halved, along with the bell peppers. However, you will need to use a large baking sheet for the recipe.