- With a knife, make four or five long and deep incisions in the turkey legs. Set aside.
- In a glass dish, combine the remaining ingredients, except for the lemon wedges. Add the turkey legs and coat well with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Remove the legs from the marinade without wiping off too much, and place in a baking dish. Discard the remaining marinade. Season with pepper. Cover with a sheet of aluminum foil and bake for about 2 hours or until the meat falls easily from the bone.
- Remove the foil and cook under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until the legs are golden brown. Adjust the seasoning. Serve the turkey legs in a platter with the lemon wedges. You can also halve each turkey leg and serve them separately.
If desired, strain the cooking juices through a sieve to serve with the turkey pieces.