Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 30 MIN
- 4 H
- In a bowl, dust meat with flour.
- In a large skillet over high heat, brown meat, a small amount at a time, in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer meat to the slow cooker as you go.
- In the same skillet, brown onions and mushrooms in butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze with wine and pour into the slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except for yogurt and herbs. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Just before serving, add yogurt and adjust seasoning. Serve on egg noodles and sprinkle with herbs.
You can keep beef stroganoff waiting for a few hours thanks to the "warm" function on most slow cookers, without changing its taste, texture or appearance. If you plan to make lunch with leftover beef stroganoff, add yogurt only to the portion you will eat during the meal. The next day, reheat meat and add yogurt at the last minute to prevent sauce from curdling.
This recipe is from Ricardo’s book "La Mijoteuse - de la lasagne à la crème brûlée."