Pecan and Graham Cracker Tea Cake
- 20 MIN
- 50 MIN
- 3 H
- 6 to 8 servings
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Butter and line a 23 x 13-cm (9 x 5-inch) loaf pan with a strip of parchment paper, letting it hang over both sides.
- In a bowl, combine pecans, cookie crumbs and brown sugar. Add butter and combine until crumble is just moistened. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg and beat until smooth. Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream. Pour half the batter into the pan. Sprinkle with half of the crumble. Cover with remaining batter and top with crumble.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool and unmould. Let cool completely on a wire rack.