- In a food processor, combine flour, icing sugar and baking powder. Add butter and pulse for a few seconds at a time until butter is the size of peas. Add yogurt and water. Pulse again until dough just begins to form. Add water, if needed. Remove dough from the processor and form into a disc with your hands. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Line a 43 x 30-cm (17 x 12-inch) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Add fruit and toss to coat thoroughly. Set aside.
- On a floured work surface, roll out dough into a 3-mm (1/8-inch) thick oval.
- Place dough on the baking sheet. Place filling in the centre of the dough and spread until about 5 cm (2 inches) from the edge. Fold the edges of the dough towards the centre over the filling, forming pleats. Brush dough with egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 30 minutes for fresh strawberries and 35 minutes for frozen, or until pastry is golden brown. Let cool before serving.
To help you with this recipe
This rolling pin has a smooth and non-stick stainless steel surface. It can be chilled beforehand in the freezer, making it easier to work with the dough. Removable silicone discs slide easily onto the pin to help roll out your preferred pastry thickness.
24.99 $SHOP NOW