- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prick the potatoes in several places with a fork and place directly on the rack. Bake for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- In a pot, melt the butter. Add the flour and stir until the mixture is golden brown. Add the veal stock and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Add the bacon, onion and garlic. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Strain and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the peas and turkey or chicken. Cook until the meat is just heated through.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and remove a bit of the flesh from each half. With the tip of a knife, make incisions in the flesh to allow the sauce to penetrate thoroughly. Place onto six individual plates or on a large serving platter. Drizzle each potato with a little of the sauce. Top with the pea and turkey mixture and the cheese. Cover with the remaining sauce.