Peanut and Spinach Chicken
- 1 cup (250 ml) peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Thai sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) honey
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sesame oil (toasted or not)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sugar
- Sriracha hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) warm water
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter or oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) baby spinach
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) salted peanuts, roasted and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except for water. With a whisk, stir in water and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken strips in butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add peanut sauce, spinach and carrots and bring to a boil. Continue cooking over medium heat until carrots are tender and sauce has reduced by half.
- Serve with udon or rice noodles. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Genevieve Everell.