- 30 MIN
- 45 MIN
- 3 small cakes
Fruit and nuts
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Set aside.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Butter three 15 x 7.5-cm (6 x 3-inch) loaf pans and line with a strip of parchment paper, letting it hang over both sides.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. At low speed, add dry ingredients.
- With a spatula, stir fruit and nut mixture into batter. Spread in pans and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a cake come out clean. Let cool. Remove from pans and let completely cool on a wire rack.
- Brush cake with 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of Brandy or Grand Marnier. Repeat twice a week for one month. Keep in a cool area in a sealable container or bag until ready to serve.
- Slice cakes thinly.