Chocolate Reindeer Cupcakes
- 45 MIN
- 22 MIN
- 12 cupcakes
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla with a whisk. Whisk in dry ingredients until smooth. Divide mixture into cupcake cups. Bake for about 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat all ingredients with an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes or until frosting is smooth and fluffy.
- With a spreading knife, frost cooled cupcakes. With a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip, form a ball of frosting for the reindeer nose. Place yellow candy for eyes, brown candies for the tip of the nose (do not forget Rudolph’s red nose!) and red candies for tongues.
- In the microwave oven, melt half the chocolate. Add remaining chocolate and stir until melted and tempered. Dip the tips of reindeer “antlers” (pretzels) in chocolate. With a toothpick dipped in chocolate, form pupils for eyes in the centre of the yellow candies.
This recipe is from My ‘Lil Ricardo.