Cherry tomato tart
- 30 MIN
- 25 MIN
- 30 MIN
- In a food processor, pulse the flour and the butter until the butter is the size of small peas. Add the milk and pulse until a ball begins to form. Remove the dough from the processor and shape into a square with your hands.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 16 x 6-inch (40 x 15 cm) rectangle. Line in a 14 x 4-inch (35 x 10 cm) rectangular tart pan. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, combine the milk and cornstarch with a whisk. Whisk in the eggs and herbs. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Pour into the crust. Sprinkle with the cheese. Carefully top with the tomato clusters. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the filling is firm and lightly browned.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. To serve, remove the tomato stems.
You can replace the feta cheese with a ball of fresh mozzarella, sliced. In this case, you may need to season with a bit more salt.
You can also substitute the rectangular tart pan for a pie plate that’s 1 inch (2.5 cm) deep and 9 inches (23 cm) in diameter.