- With the rack in the middle position, preheat oven to 165 °C (325 °F).
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown the meat in the oil. Add the onion and cook until it softens. Deglaze with the wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 2 minutes to brown them slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and roast in the oven for about 2 hours or until the meat is fork-tender and the sauce has reduced and is full-bodied. Turn the meat and potatoes two or three times during cooking. Add water, if needed.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, bring the carrots, water and oil to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Add the snow peas and cook, covered, for about 3 minutes or until al dente. The liquids should be almost completely evaporated. Drain any excess liquid.
- In a large serving dish, spread the vegetables, meat and potatoes. Garnish the meat with the rosemary, and the vegetables with the olives.