Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 cans (19 oz/540 ml) chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the spices.
- Add the blotted chickpeas and the oil and mix well. Spread on a baking sheet. Bake for about 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the chickpeas are golden brown and have burst open. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
The spiced chickpeas will keep for a few days. If they soften, dry again for a few minutes on a baking sheet in a 325°F (170°C) oven to restore their crunch.