Vietnamese-Style Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops, bone-in, about 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) mirin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Sambal oelek (or to taste)
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and cut into small sticks
- 2 cups (500 ml) thinly sliced red cabbage
- Hoisin sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Oil and season the meat and bell peppers with salt and pepper. Grill the meat, about 5 minutes on each side or until medium rare. Set aside on a plate. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the peppers on each side.
- In a small bowl, combine the mirin, rice vinegar and sambal oelek.
- Place the chops on serving plates. Serve with the cucumber and roasted peppers. Add the red cabbage over the vegetables. Drizzle with the dressing. Serve with a little hoisin sauce, if desired.