- In a small pot over medium heat, brown the garlic and spices in the oil. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil while whisking. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and reduced by half. Keep warm.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the chicken on a non-stick baking sheet or one lined with parchment paper. Cover with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the meat separates easily from the bone, basting the chicken with the pan juices halfway through cooking. Set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Grill the vegetables until tender crisp. Grill the chicken for 1 minute on each side. Brush the chicken with a little sauce and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve the chicken legs with grilled vegetables. Drizzle with the sauce. Serve with rice, if desired.