- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the spices. Reserve 1/2 tsp of the mixture for the garnish. Rub the roast with the remaining spices.
- On the prepared baking sheet, toss the potatoes with half of the oil (2 tbsp/30 ml). Spread the potatoes on the sheet, cut side down.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the roast on all sides in the remaining oil (2 tbsp/30 ml). Season with salt and pepper. Place the roast in the centre of the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the centre of the roast reads 118°F (48°C) for rare doneness. Remove the roast and transfer to a plate. Let rest for 10 minutes. Continue cooking the potatoes in the oven, if needed, until golden brown and tender.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the chorizo and shallots in the oil. Add the beets and honey. Continue cooking until the beets are warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and the reserved spices. Generously season with pepper. Cut the roast into thin slices. Serve with the potatoes, warm beets and spiced sour cream. Sprinkle with the parsley.
If you prefer your roast medium-rare, a meat thermometer inserted into the centre of the roast should read 125°F (52°C).