- In a large bowl with a wooden spoon, or in a stand mixer using the dough hook, combine the flour, yeast and salt. Add the water and stir until a soft ball forms. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes on a floured work surface or in the stand mixer until smooth.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a clean, lightly oiled bowl. Turn the dough to lightly coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm, humid place for about 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in volume.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 450°F (225°C). Line a 17 x 12-inch (43 x 30 cm) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the cream and lemon juice. Let rest for 5 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- With your hands, shape the sausage meat into 1/2-tsp (2.5 ml) meatballs. Set aside.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough as thinly as possible until it is roughly the same size as the baking sheet. Place the dough on the sheet.
- Spread the cream over the dough. Top with the onion and sausage meatballs. Season with pepper. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the parsley. Cut into squares and serve piping hot.