- Fill a bowl two-thirds full with ice cubes. Place a second bowl on top. This allows the fish to remain cold during preparation.
- With a knife, cut the salmon into small dice and place in the chilled bowl as you go. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, combine the shallots, vinegar and water. Let marinate for 5 minutes. Drain the shallots and discard
- Add the shallots and the remaining ingredients to the salmon. Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Serve immediately with a green salad, toasted bread or homemade potato chips.
For an impressive presentation, lightly pack the tartare into a ring mould and remove. Ricardo uses the rings
from the Ricardo Collection 2-in-1 burger stacker. They work perfectly!