- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper, letting it hang over both sides.
- Place the saltine crackers at the bottom of the prepared pan, breaking them if needed. In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, brown sugar and butter. Drizzle over the crackers.
- Bake for about 22 minutes or until the sugar mixture has caramelized. Let cool completely.
- Drizzle with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the pecans. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
- Unmould and break into pieces.
Traditionally, brittle is made with a base of caramel and nuts. Our sweet and salty version with maple syrup is a nod to spring.