Mille Crepe Cake
- 45 MIN
- 25 MIN
- 3 H 30 MIN
- 12 to 14 servings
White Chocolate Mascarpone Cream
- In a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water or in a microwave oven, melt the white chocolate with 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the cream. Remove from the heat. Add the remaining cream (1 1/2 cups/375 ml) and the lemon zest. Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours or until the cream is cold.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the eggs, 1 cup (250 ml) of the milk and the vanilla. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Gradually stir in the remaining milk (1 1/4 cups/310 ml).
- In an 8-inch (20 cm) non-stick skillet brushed with butter over medium heat, cook the crepes, one at a time, using about 1/4 cup (60 ml) of batter per crepe. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Place the crepes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper as you go, until you have 16 crepes. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool completely.
- Beat the white chocolate mixture and mascarpone with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- On a serving plate, place 1 crepe. With a spatula, spread the crepe with 1/3 cup of the white chocolate mascarpone cream. Cover with another crepe and spread with 1/3 cup of the cream. Repeat the sequence with the remaining ingredients to create 12 to 14 layers of crepes, using a crepe as the top layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- When ready to serve, dust with icing sugar. Serve with Raspberry Sauce (see recipe). The Mille Crepe Cake will keep for 1 day in the refrigerator.
Using two skillets to prepare the crepes will cut down on your preparation time.
The crepes may be made the day before assembling the cake.
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Total: 5 min