- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, soften the onion in the oil. Add the tomatoes. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, fry the shallots in the oil until golden brown. Quickly transfer to a bowl to stop the cooking. Add the parsley and vinegar. Set aside.
Polenta and Vegetables
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Drizzle the polenta and vegetables with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the polenta for 2 minutes on each side. Grill the vegetables until tender.
- Spread the tomato sauce on a large serving platter. Arrange the polenta and vegetables overtop. Drizzle with the shallot dressing.
Tubes of polenta are made from pre-cooked corn flour and can be found in most grocery stores.